Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 4th...Better late than never right?






We had a great Independence Day! We spent the afternoon playing on a huge blow-up waterslide/pool thing that Seth splurged on last week and Gramma and Grampa came over to visit. Then, our friends the Turners invited us over for a cook-out and fireworks. This is my favorite holiday (Christmas takes a very close second) because it's all about spending time together, being thankful for this wonderful country and our freedoms, and it's in the middle of summer!! I have so many great memories of Fourth of Julys...swimming, grilling, sand volleyball, the WHOLE family together, and of course the fireworks!! I hope that my girls will remember how truly blessed they are to live in this country. There is something to be said about American pride...God bless America!

1 comments:

sandals said...

Wish I could be more like you with matching my girls. They're beautiful!