Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's October?!?

I can't believe everything that has happened since my last post!! Let's see, where to start...Seth was gone for military training for about 3 weeks (way last minute assignment), Taylor started 3rd grade and decided she wanted to try soccer instead of playing Fall Ball this year ( I didn't mind too much cuz I needed a break from coaching!), Reagan started a co-op preschool program with some other kids her age from church, I want to strangle Alyx every other day because she is in full blown terrible two mode!!, Seth started Paramedic School and is NEVER home and has had to cut back his hours at the gym as a result (less money is never a good thing!), and, oh yeah, did I mention that I'm the new Young Women's President? Just when I thought I couldn't possibly handle anything else on my plate, our bishop asked if I would be in charge of the Young women 12 to 18 years old at our church. I was terrified!! But I must say...these girls are AMAZING! We have 21 girls who constantly impress me with their strength and talents. I only wish I had their convictions and testimonies of Jesus Christ when I was that age. I am so proud that my daughters have them to look up to. My life has only been blessed by being around these ladies!!
So what next?!?
I guess what has stood out the most through all of this chaos we call 'normal life' is that things ALWAYS work out...no joke! When you put others before yourself, Heavenly Father does not leave you hangin'! It may not be in a way that you think of as 'ideal'...but it works nonetheless! There is an eerie sense of peace in my chaotic life right now that I haven't experienced before...or maybe just haven't appreciated until now...who knows...either way, I'm happy, we're living life one day at a time and learning to enjoy it despite the craziness!!

0 comments: