Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little Moments


Alyx is 18 months old now and it is near impossible for her to sit still long enough for me to take her picture. While trying...and not succeeding...to get her to smile, I have one hand holding my camera and the other trying to tickle her belly. Of course, all of those attempts end up in a blurry mess. All of a sudden she stops dead in her tracks...staring intently at the camera for about 15 seconds. I start snapping away absolutely loving the innocent, peaceful look on her face. My first thought is that she finally figured out that when Mom gets the camera in her face, she is supposed to hold still. So now my mind is racing through all of the photo shoots I can do with my 3 girls now that they are all cooperating....but my thoughts are interrupted. Alyx suddenly grabs her diaper and with big, round eyes says " I pee-pee!". My heart sank (even though I was laughing out loud) because I realized that she wasn't being cooperative....she just had to pee. Does that totally ruin the picture? I try not to think about it! Ya gotta be grateful for these funny little moments our kids share with us!

3 comments:

sandals said...

She's a dolly!

Marsha Loftis said...

smiling or not...she's lovely. Those eyes are gorgeous.

Andrea Gilberg said...

Frost family, your girls are so cute. I love bloging, it a good way to keep in touch. Just thought we would say Hi.
Daniel & Andrea Gilberg
gilbergfamily.blogspot.com