Friday, January 2, 2009

Sisses and Bros!
























Of course, all of my posts have to have a BAZILLION pictures...so sorry! I just think that a picture could tell a story much better than I could. Today was a great day. I hung out with 2 of my brothers, Jeff and Mike and my sister Heather and her kids. We didn't do anything huge...just went to the park to play. Before we knew it, our little day at Long Hunter turned us into kids again! We played in the dirt, climbed trees, and spent an hour coming up with funny poses for the camera. It was like listening to a bunch of 8 year olds saying "ooh, ooh watch me do this!" or "I gotta a idea...let's try this!" I'm surprised we got any pictures that we aren't cracking up in. It felt so good to just pretend that the only thing we had to worry about was Alyx eating the rocks...other than that, nothing seemed as important as just being a family hangin out together. Sometimes I feel like I just get way too caught up in the little every day stresses of life to realize that every day is supposed to be a gift...life is supposed to be fun...we really can be happy if we let ourselves. So go dig in the dirt, climb a tree, skip rocks in a lake, look for seashells, or grab someones hand and run as fast as you can until you both fall to the ground because you're laughing so hard! Today was a great day.....can't wait til the next time we can just hang out again.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You have such a cute family and I love all of those candid pics.

Sara Lesher said...

Yes, looks like you all had an absolute BLAST! Reminds me a bit of that time, when we first got our cameras and went to the park..... do you recall?